Our aspiration is to be New Zealand’s leading digital utility. Our evolution is well underway.
WE NEED YOU!
As we evolve, we will need tech professionals with expertise in:
- Data science and insight.
- Software development.
- Artificial intelligence and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- ISP engineering: telco and developer experience, network coding and script, ruby code, python, puppet, GIT.
- Cyber security for our Generation and Technology Operations teams.
Trustpower is a leading power generation company, an energy retailer and a fast growing telco. We are proud to call Tauranga home.
“Trustpower’s evolution from a traditional utility into a leading digital utility is well underway. We have an open, collaborative, curious learning-based culture. The key to our success lies in our capability to accelerate that evolution and respond to the opportunities in front of us.” ~ Simon Clarke, Trustpower GM Business Solutions & Technology
At a glance
- Founded 1915
- Publicly listed company on NZSX
- Head Office in downtown Tauranga
- 800+ employees New Zealand wide
- 500+ employees in Tauranga
- 85 employees in Business Solutions and Technology department.
- Operates its own ISP network
- Operates 38 hydropower stations
- Generates 8% of New Zealand’s hydropower capacity.
Our People | Our Stories
Nico Mulder of Trustpower – Tauranga’s Newest Tech Talent Import
South African, Nico Mulder, is one of Tauranga’s newest tech talents. When he moved here in August 2019, he brought a decade’s worth of experience in software engineering and leadership with a passion for people and technology. With the uncertainty of the future for young people in South Africa, immigration became an option and opened…
Shirley Rivera | Trustpower Test Analyst Shares How Her Dream of Moving to New Zealand Came True
Born and raised in the Philippines, Shirley Rivera and her husband had a dream to migrate to New Zealand. The beauty of the landscape and the promise of a better life for their daughters appealed to them. It was Shirley’s career success as a software consultant that opened the way for their dreams to come…
Trustpower operates 38 hydro power stations across 19 hydroelectric power schemes.
We support the New Zealand Government’s long-term Energy Strategy.
Target commitment > 90% of New Zealand’s electricity supply coming from renewable sources by 2025. That’s where we come in.
Sustainability is a responsible approach. Locally, nationally, and globally.